Greater Family Health’s 2021 outcomes on the Bureau of Primary Health Care Clinical Indicators have caused the organization to be recognized as a National Health Center Quality Leader. Greater Family Health’s clinical outcomes are ranked in the top 10% of all Federally Qualified Health Centers in the United States and Illinois – for the 9th consecutive year!
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) recognized Greater Family Health with 4 National Awards on August 29, 2022:
- Health Center Quality Leader – Gold (the highest possible Award level)
- Advancing Health Information Technology for Quality
- Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Federal Tort Claims Act Deemed Health Center
Greater Family Health’s clinical outcomes ranked in the top 10% of the Country’s 1,373 reporting Federally Qualified Health Centers, resulting in the receipt of the Health Center Quality Leader – Gold Award. Greater Family Health has received the National Health Center Quality Leader Award for 9 consecutive years, and the Advancing HIT for Quality Award every year it has been offered.
Greater Family Health also remains a 2017 Million Hearts Hypertension Control Champion, a 5-year honor, awarded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Coupled with comparison reports issued on August 8, 2022, the Awards indicate that Greater Family Health’s clinical, patient satisfaction and financial outcomes are far better than other Health Centers’, both in the State and Nationally.
“2021 was a year of adjustment and change. I’m so proud of all our professionals for their ongoing and remarkable efforts that result in these many Awards, yet again, including our care being Nationally recognized for the 9th consecutive year” stated Bob Tanner, President/CEO. “It’s an understatement to express my heartfelt thanks to all our employees. I’m deeply respectful of, and frankly in awe, of their ongoing devotion and pursuit of excellence that makes Greater Family Health a valued, trusted and reliable community resource” continued Tanner.
The released comparison data indicate that Greater Family Health also has the 3rd lowest cost per patient of the 45 FQHCs in Illinois. Further:
- Greater Family Health’s Total Cost per Total patient is 38% less than the State average and 50% less than the National average
- Greater Family Health’s Medical Cost per Medical Patient is 27% less than the State average and 49% less than the National Average
- Greater Family Health’s Dental Cost per Dental Patient is 2% less than the State average and 25% less than the National Average
- Greater Family Health beat the Illinois average on 15 of 18 clinical outcomes
- The volume of patients cared for by Greater Family Health is growing at a rate of double the State and National averages
- Greater Family Health’s quarterly patient satisfaction survey results and comments can be found here: Patient Satisfaction – Greater Elgin Family Care Center (greaterfamilyhealth.org)
“As it always has, Greater Family Health continues to provide value. With our quality of care being objectively measured among the best in the Country, and our costs so low and our patient satisfaction so consistently very high, one can easily see that Greater Family Health is not only a trusted source of quality care, but a real value for all concerned” continued Tanner.
Greater Family Health’s outcomes (listed under Greater Elgin Family Care Center, the organization’s former name), are listed here:
Outcomes on the nation’s Community Health Centers are located here:
Greater Family Health is the area’s premier Federally Qualified Health Center, providing a comprehensive range of high-quality, affordably-priced, fully-integrated primary care services to almost 59,000 area residents by over 189,000 medical, behavioral health and dental appointments annually. Operating 11 Community Health Centers in 5 northeastern Illinois counties, the organization is accredited by The Joint Commission, Primary Care Medical Home certified, repeatedly nationally recognized for both its health outcomes and cost efficiency, and provides care regardless of the patient’s ability to pay.
Visit www.greaterfamilyhealth.org for more information.