Greater Family Health’s 2022 outcomes on Bureau of Primary Health Care Clinical Indicators have caused the organization to be recognized as a National Health Center Quality Leader. Greater Family Health’s clinical outcomes are ranked in the top 10% of all Federally Qualified Health Centers in the United States and Illinois – for the 10th consecutive year!
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) recognized Greater Family Health with 5 National Awards on November 1, 2023:
- Health Center Quality Leader – Gold (the highest possible Award level)
- Access Enhancer
- Health Disparities Reducer
- Advancing Health Information Technology for Quality
- Patient-Centered Medical Home
Greater Family Health’s clinical outcomes ranked in the top 10% of the Country’s 1,370 Federally Qualified Health Centers, resulting in the receipt of the Health Center Quality Leader – Gold Award. Greater Family Health has received the National Health Center Quality Leader Award for 10 consecutive years, and the Advancing HIT for Quality Award every year it has been offered.
New Awards received by Greater Family Health this year are ‘Access Enhancer’ and ‘Health Disparities Reducer’. Greater Family Health has also been awarded a Million Hearts Hypertension Control Championship, a 5-year honor, offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Coupled with UDS Comparison Reports issued on August 8, 2023, the Awards indicate that Greater Family Health’s clinical, financial and patient satisfaction outcomes are far better than other Health Centers’, both in the State and Nationally.
“We returned to some level of normal functioning in 2022, as the pandemic began to wane. It allowed us to again focus on workflows and processes which, amongst a bunch of other items, contributed to our professionals receiving these many Awards. It’s remarkable that Greater Family Health has been Nationally recognized for the quality of its care for the 10 consecutive years” stated Bob Tanner, President/CEO. “I’ve long thought that the definition of success is not just achieving the goal, but sustaining the achievement of that goal over a long period time. And our employees have done just that!” continued Tanner.
The released comparison data indicate that Greater Family Health also has the 2nd lowest cost per patient of the 45 FQHCs in Illinois. Further:
- Greater Family Health’s Total Cost per Total patient is 44% less than the State average and 54% less than the National average
- Greater Family Health’s Medical Cost per Medical Patient is 35% less than the State average and 45% less than the National Average
- Greater Family Health’s Dental Cost per Dental Patient is 30% less than the State average and 44% less than the National Average
- Greater Family Health beat the Illinois average on 14 of 18 clinical outcomes
- The volume of patients cared for by Greater Family Health is growing at a rate of 8 times the State FQHC average over the past 3 years
- Greater Family Health’s quarterly patient satisfaction survey results and comments can be found here: Patient Satisfaction – Greater Elgin Family Care Center (greaterfamilyhealth.org)
“Once again, the data indicates that Greater Family Health continues to provide value. With the quality of our care being objectively measured among the best in the Country, and our costs so low and our patient satisfaction so consistently very high, it’s evident that Greater Family Health remains not only a trusted source of quality care, but a real value for all concerned” continued Tanner.
Greater Family Health’s outcomes are listed here:
Outcomes on the nation’s Community Health Centers are located here:
A guide on the Clinical Outcomes Awards Criteria can be found here:
Greater Family Health is the area’s premier Federally Qualified Health Center, providing a comprehensive range of high-quality, affordably priced, fully-integrated primary care services to almost 68,000 area residents by almost 214,000 medical, behavioral health and oral health appointments annually. Operating 11 Community Health Centers in 5 northeastern Illinois counties, the organization is accredited by The Joint Commission, Primary Care Medical Home certified, repeatedly nationally recognized for both its health outcomes and cost efficiency, and provides care regardless of the patient’s ability to pay.