Greater Elgin Family Care Center is excited to share the news that we have a new name, Greater Family Health. The same great staff, services, and Health Centers you’ve known as Greater Elgin Family Care Centers is now unified in one network of care with nine locations to better serve you. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions you may have about our new name and branding.
Why did we change our name and logo?
- We have grown very rapidly, to the point where we had nine Health Centers across the area–with eight different names–connected to Greater Elgin Family Care Center. Not only were all of these names confusing, but most people were unaware of other Health Centers or their connection to our network of care. Our new name helps connect and unify our team and locations under a single name and logo.
- Our new name removes geographic constraints and retains the words we found most meaningful to our audiences.
- Greater represents access to more services and the higher quality of care we provide to patients.
- Family supports the diverse patients we serve and the organizational culture we value.
- Health emphasizes the future of care we envision for our patients and community.
- The logo uses a greater than sign to signify our aspiration of greater care and health.
What's New at Greater Family Health?
- All of our Health Centers are now called “Greater Family Health”–they are in DeKalb, Elgin (3), Hanover Park, McHenry, Streamwood, Sycamore, and Wheeling.
- In addition to our new signs, we just launched this new website, GreaterFamilyHealth.org. It much easier to navigate, more informative, is ADA compliant and can be translated into multiple languages.
- We have a new call center phone number, 844-599-3700, where appointments can be made at any of our nine Health Center locations.
What stays the Same?
- We continue to provide quality, affordable healthcare for all, including those without the ability to pay.
- The same staff and providers (physicians and nurses) are here to keep you healthy.
- The great services provided at our Health Centers.
- All of your medical records are here; in fact, they are accessible at any of our nine locations, so you can feel free to visit whichever one is most convenient for you.
- Important health messages will continue to be provided to you through our patient portal.
- Our leadership team and Board of Directors remain; we are an independently operated FQHC and committed to providing greater care to the communities we serve.
- You can download a quick-reference services guide here:
Your appointment is not confirmed until you receive a phone call from one of our phone operators. We will attempt to call you back as soon as possible! However, please know that it may take up to 24 hours to receive a confirmation call. Requests made after 6pm M-F or after 3pm on Saturday may take longer (we are closed Sundays).