Any person over the age of 18 will be eligible to receive the vaccine.
- 373 Summit St, Elgin, IL 60120
- 1515 E Lake St Suite 202 Hanover Park, IL 60133
- 3901 Mercy Dr., McHenry, IL 60050
- 300 McHenry Rd, Wheeling, IL 60090
- 135 E Irving Park Rd, Streamwood, IL 60107
- 165 E. Plank Rd., Sycamore, IL 60178
The vaccine is available by appointment only. Please call 844-599-3700 to schedule an appointment. Due to the nature of the vaccine, it is essential that patients arrive on time and keep their appointments to prevent vaccines from being wasted. Appointment availability is dependent upon the vaccine supply received.
The COVID-19 vaccine is provided at no cost to insured or uninsured patients. For insured patients, Greater Family Health will bill your insurance carrier.
Currently, we are only offering the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Click here for information on the Moderna vaccine.
Patients will schedule a second appointment to receive the second dose of the vaccine when they come in for their first dose.
Per guidance from IDPH and the CDC, we will begin offering a third dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine beginning August 20th, 2021 for individuals who are moderately or severely immunocompromised who have previously received the Moderna vaccine. (see below for details).
This includes people who have:
- Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
- Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e., ≥20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory.
The third dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be available for essential workers and additional populations in the near future. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow for registration prior to your appointment.
- After receiving your vaccine, you will be instructed to wait in the waiting area for at least 15 minutes for observation, so your total appointment length will be at least 30 minutes.
- You will receive a vaccination card that describes which vaccine you received.
- Your second dose appointment will be scheduled during this visit.
- Due to the nature of the vaccine, it is essential that patients arrive on time and keep their appointments to prevent vaccines from being wasted.